Medical Receptionist (Registration Coordinator)
- Aldie, Virginia
The Registration Coordinator serves as the first point of contact for patients and visitors and performs administrative duties, monitors office procedures, resolves problems, and assists with office operations. This position may also be responsible for insurance verifications/authorizations, patient scheduling and working with the clinic director to ensure smooth operations.
Primary Functions & Accountabilities
- Maintain the registration desk, answer phone lines, and schedule appointments
- Enter and update patient information, verify insurance coverage, obtain authorizations, and collect co-pays
- Provide administrative support to providers as needed (e.g. filing, distributing dictation, etc.)
- Provide general office assistance including purchasing of office supplies, maintenance of office equipment.
- Coordinate with billing office on collections and balancing payments.
- Serve as liaison between patients and the clinical staff and will work toward ensuring efficiency and excellent customer service.
- Adhere to established procedures for appointment scheduling, intake, and record-keeping for all patients
- Collect appropriate copays, payments on accounts and payments for cash and carry supplies and accurately posts to patient's account
- Communicate with providers, medical assistants, financial counselors, patient resource coordinators and other support staff as needed
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of insurance plan participation and ensures appropriate processing of insurance information
- Manage telephone, fax, and e-mail requests in a timely and organized manner to ensure effective communication and excellent customer service
- Ability to work flexible schedules to meet clinic needs
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to multi-task with a strong sense of responsibility and initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service skills and focus
- Must be comfortable assessing situations and resolving or escalating as required
- Able to establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, staff payers and team members
- Strong working knowledge with insurance authorizations, limitations/coverage, eligibility, billing, insurance regulations, insurance benefits and appeal processes
- Must be able to understand and explain most insurance and billing questions as it pertains to the patient
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of relevant office experience; Medical office experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office; Typing speed of at least 35 WPM with high accuracy
Job ID: 356179141