Liquibase is looking for an Executive Assistant to support the CEO. This is an amazing opportunity at a fast-paced hi-tech start-up. We are looking for someone who is highly responsive, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a desire to deliver great results at all times. The ideal candidate knows how to handle confidential information, can manage changing priorities, is open to feedback, and embraces new approaches.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and maintain the schedule of the CEO. This includes scheduling and confirming appointments, preparing agendas, attending meetings with the executive, and taking notes as needed
- Screen phone calls, emails, or physical mail while maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Coordinate end-to-end travel needs for executives, including booking all travel and hotels, directions, commuting time, and ground transportation
- Prepare and submit expense reports on behalf of the CEO
- Review contracts for specific terms and conditions
- Format information for internal and external communication such as emails, presentations, reports, and proposals, including proofreading
- Research, compile and prepare reports, correspondence, or other information required by management
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with the CEO and executives on special projects
- Performing other duties as assigned or required, including some personal support; responsibilities will vary
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Negotiate contracts including pricing, terms, and conditions
- Bachelor's degree, strongly preferred
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar role
- Two years of experience in a fast-paced environment, supporting senior executives strongly preferred
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Can perform work under minimal supervision. Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Strong intellectual curiosity – a hunger and desire to always be learning, experiencing and growing
- Organized – excellent at time and project management, has clear systems and composure to deal with multiple tasks at once, and ensures everything gets done in a timely manner
- Sweats the small stuff – strong attention to detail and accuracy, particularly when under pressure
- Lives and breathes our values – open and inclusive to all members of the team and support them as equals
- Good judgment – highly professional and diplomatic, knows when to ask for help or advice, is perceptive and practical
- Trustworthy – a vault (you will be privy to confidential information)
- Flexibility – doesn't get frustrated by priorities changing; open to feedback, adjusts to different working styles; embraces new ways of working in a hybrid environment
- Self-motivated – a "can-do" attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to take on an increasing level of responsibilities
- Understands priorities and exercises sound judgment to make appropriate trade-offs
- Located in the Austin metro area
Perks of life at Liquibase:
- A fully remote workforce - we will never ask you to go into an office
- Home office allowance
- Meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Flexible time off
- 401K matching (US-only)
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
We take pride in:
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Our entrepreneurial culture. We provide every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- Our work with new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
- How organizations, large and small, use DevOps to drive developer agility and accelerate software delivery.
Company Overview - We are Liquibase
Liquibase is the leader in the database release automation segment of the more broadly defined DevOps market. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. Downloaded more than 75 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
A career at Liquibase means joining a quickly growing company on the front lines of the DevOps space. You can expect to revel in growth across the board — in the number of customers we support, in the experiments we run, in the scope and complexity of our technical projects, and the list goes on.
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in the way we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers.
Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.
Eligible candidates may be subject to criminal history and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws